For all the bubble tea lovers at home, are you missing your daily dose of bbt? Or if you’re new to this world and looking to try out this beverage, Retea has got your back too! Here is a simple recipe on how to make a classic Mango green tea!
Check out our Instagram Reel, for a quick video tutorial :)
SERVINGS: 1 x 500mL (equivalent to our Retea Mini. If you are making this in our Original cup/750mL, you can double the recipe!)
PREP/COOKING TIME: ~10 min
TEA (we recommend steeping your tea first to allow more time to chill):
1. In your tea steeper ball, add 1 tsp of tea leaves + 250mL of hot water. Steep for 2 minutes. Do not over steep as it will leave a slight bitter taste!
2. Add 1 tbsp of mango syrup to your tea.
3. Set aside and allow to chill. You can also let it chill in the fridge.
1. Bring 1 + 1/2 cups (375mL) of water to boil.
2. Add 1/3 cup of tapioca pearls slowly and stir lightly. Wait until tapioca pearls float to the surface.
3. Cover pot and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Tapioca pearls will puff up.
4. Turn off heat and simmer for another 2 minutes. Adjust time to personal taste!
5. Rinse with cold water and mix in ~1 tbsp of brown sugar (or your choice of sweetener) to the tapioca and let it sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.
LET'S PUT IT TOGETHER:
1. In your cup, add tapioca pearls, ice, chilled tea, stir, and enjoy!
There you have it, your homemade Mango Bubble Tea! This is a classic drink to learn how to make at home and we’re excited to see all your takes on this beverage. Make sure to tag us at @reteacups on Instagram when you use this recipe.