For all the bubble tea lovers at home, are you missing your daily dose of bbt? Or if you’re new to this world and looking to try out this beverage, Retea has got your back too! Here is a simple recipe on how to make a classic Mango, lychee, passionfruit, or peach green tea!
Check out our Instagram Reel, for a quick video tutorial :)
SERVINGS: 1 x 500mL (equivalent to our Retea Mini. If you are making this in our Original cup/750mL, you can double the recipe!)
PREP/COOKING TIME: ~10 min
TEA (we recommend steeping your tea first to allow more time to chill):
1. In your tea steeper ball, add 1 tsp of tea leaves + 250mL of hot water. Steep for 2 minutes. Do not over steep as it will leave a slight bitter taste!
2. Add 1 tbsp of mango syrup to your tea (you can also add this at the end).
3. Set aside and allow to chill. You can also let it chill in the fridge.
INSTANT BLACK SUGAR TAPIOCA PEARLS:
1. Pour 1/3 cup of tapioca into a microwavable bowl/cup. Add hot water until pearls are submerged. Stir lightly.
2. Microwave for 30 sec. stir and microwave again for 30 sec. Drain and add your choice of sweetener.
1. Bring 1 + 1/2 cups (375mL) of water to boil. Add 1/3 cup of tapioca pearls slowly and stir lightly. Wait until tapioca pearls float to the surface.
2. Cover pot and cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Tapioca pearls will puff up.
4. Rinse with cold water and mix in ~1 tbsp of brown sugar (or your choice of sweetener).
LET'S PUT IT TOGETHER:
1. In your cup, add tapioca pearls, ice, chilled tea, stir, and enjoy!
There you have it, your homemade fruit Bubble Tea! This is a classic drink to learn how to make at home and we’re excited to see all your takes on this beverage. Make sure to tag us at @reteacups on Instagram when you use this recipe.